Need a few gift ideas? Here are ways to melt your Valentine's heart:
- Stackable Tea Tin from The Republic of Tea
- Prosecco + St. Germain — My cocktail of choice, handed down to me by a former roommate who taught the meaning of celebrating with a signature drink. She would pour the bubbly prosecco into a champagne glass and top with a splash of the elderflower liquor. It's an elegant indulgence and makes everything feel fancy.
- Fresh Rose Mask — Instead of showing up with flowers in hand, give her this mask. She'll get to enjoy the beautiful, floral smell for much longer and her glowing skin will thank you!
- Buy a dress for her to wear to dinner
- Voluspa Suede Blanc Candle — With an aroma of leather and cedar, this candle has a great masculine scent.
- Leather Dopp kit from Fossil
- First-edition copy of his favorite book
- A good Scotch (*This idea is brought to you by Seth, along with: a watch, a high speed go-kart outing, and sky diving. Thanks, Hun. Now I know.)
- Homemade shaving cream — this was Seth's gift last year, and he's asked for it again this year. Win!
- Write her hand written notes and hide them in places you know she'll find them.
- Serve your sweetie breakfast in bed with a french press coffee.
- Create a playlist of songs that remind you of him.
- Cook dinner together while enjoying a glass of your favorite wine — quality time and a quality meal!
- Write sweet nothings on mugs for each other to be reminded of a favorite quote he or she has said.
Whip up this drinking chocolate for your Valentine — it will work even better than Cupid's arrow. You can thank me and the Europeans later.
ORANGE HOT CHOCOLATE
1 orange, zested
4 cups coconut milk
8 ounces dark chocolate
1/4 cup cacao powder
2 tablespoons honey
pinch of salt
- Heat coconut milk over medium-low heat in saucepan.
- Once warm, whisk in orange zest, cacao, dark chocolate, and salt.
- Using an immersion blender, whip the ingredients until frothy and smooth.
- Serve with whipped topping and a pinch of orange zest and chocolate shavings.