Hi there, nice to meet you!
I’m Hope, indulgent-health nut turned Registered Dietitian (RD) and the founder of Health with Hope. Whether you’re here to better understand nutrition fact from fiction, discover a new recipe, or gain inspiration for an overall healthier lifestyle, my hope is you’ll feel enlightened and right at home.
In my private practice, I work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and food preferences to maximize health and restore relationships with food. The mission of Health with Hope is to empower you to prioritize your health. Oh, and to make a beet-lover out of you, but more on that later.
Inspired by a lifelong fascination of the impact nutrition has on the body, my original career aspiration was to write and report on health topics, so I pursued a degree in communications. After graduation, I worked for eight months at a news station; however, a chance encounter with a dietitian lead me to realize my true calling: rather than devoting my career to interviewing health professionals, I decided to become one! (More on my path to becoming a dietitian here)
After wrapping a second degree in nutrition and dietetics, I settled in Nashville to complete a nutrition residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC). The hands-on training I received at VUMC was challenging and comprehensive. As 1 of 16 who landed a position in the most competitive program of its kind, it was an honor to work under and learn from some of the best dietitians currently practicing in the nation. Vanderbilt equipped me to be a difference-maker and provided me the foundation I needed to own a private practice, which was my intention from the very beginning.
I love food, always have. Before I ever became a dietitian, I was first and foremost a foodie who enjoyed creating new dishes in the kitchen and sharing them with friends. I also love showing people that nourishing your body doesn’t have to be a tasteless practice— eating wholesome food can and should be delicious.
As a nutrition entrepreneur, my days entail:
• Counseling clients (both in-person and virtually)
• Researching and staying up-to-date with the latest science
• Writing articles on nutrition and wellness
• Teaching cooking classes
• Hosting group workshops and grocery store tours
• Styling and shooting new recipes I’ve developed in the HWH test kitchen
In my private practice, I work with people of all ages and health conditions to optimize their nutrition and wellness, all while guiding you to become the expert of your own body.
• Individuals seeking to improve their weight, digestion, and energy levels
• Doctors and medical professionals wanting to get healthy so they may set an example for their patients
• Individuals struggling with disordered eating
• Dancers and athletes wanting to optimize performance through nutrition
• Corporations aspiring to help their employees get and stay well
• Families eager to eat, move, and live well together
The Greek physician Hippocrates was spot-on when he long ago touted food is medicine. Life as we now know it happens over food, and choosing the best “medicine” can get complicated. I’m here to show you how to find normal with food, your body, and your health in the midst of balancing wellness with everyday life. So… ready to roast some beets?